If you’ve ever popped into a Lush shop, chances are you’ve seen this product on a shelf or table. Some mistake it for a swiss roll or sushi, and are a little disappointed when they find out it’s inedible. What am I talking about? Lush Cleanser Rolls of course! There is one for every skin type or concern, and available in two sizes. Just click on the title of the product below to purchase it. Let’s take a quick look at what each one is made for:
- Angels on Bare Skin: Universal cleanser, good for all skin types. Gently exfoliates. Lavender scented. Contains kaolin clay, ground almonds, lavender flowers, and lavender oil as some key ingredients.
- Aqua Marina: Calming cleanser, good for sensitive and irritated skin. Lightly exfoliates. Slight fishy/seaweed scent. Contains calamine powder, nori seaweed, aloe vera, and sea salt as some key ingredients.
- Dark Angels: Exfoliating cleanser, good for oily and acne prone skin. Absorbs excess oil. Charcoal/Licorice scent. Contains rhassoul mud, charcoal powder, black sugar, and avocado oil as some key ingredients.
- Herbalism: Exfoliating cleanser, good for oily and acne prone skin. Tones and calms the skin. Herbal/Fresh scent. Contains kaolin clay, rice bran, rosemary, nettle, chamomile, and chlorophyllin as some key ingredients.
- Let the Good Times Roll: Exfoliating cleanser, good for all skin types. Very exfoliating. Caramel Corn/Cookie scent. Contains maize flour, corn meal, cinnamon powder, and corn oil as some key ingredients.
So, how the heck do you use this thing? I’ll be using Let the Good Times Roll to demonstrate; it’s one of my favorites. You can use this in the shower or over the sink, just make sure you do NOT get any water in the container, this is very important! It will melt the cleanser. Now on to the steps!
- Dampen your face. After doing so, dry your hands thoroughly.
- Take a little piece of the cleanser out. The tub suggests a pea-sized amount, but I use a little bit more to get a good scrub.
- Mix the cleanser with a few drops of water in your palm. Add the drops slowly, if you mix in too much water it’ll become runny and useless. I like it to have the consistency of peanut butter or a spread.
- Apply to face, and gently massage. Depending which cleanser you use, like LTGTR, if you scrub too hard it can irritate your skin. So start gentle, and up the scrubbing power as you go.
- Wash off, and apply a moisturizer. Ta-dah!